Our annual show is approaching…
Saturday 17th August
Below is a list of potential competition categories you can enter.
BEANS – FRENCH
BEANS – RUNNER
CABBAGE, any variety
ONION Large over 250g
ONION 250g or under
ONION – GREEN SALAD
COLLECTION OF PRODUCE
PEPPER – CHILLI
PEPPER – SWEET
RHUBARB (3 sticks)
TOMATO – Med Approx 60mm
TOMATO – CHERRY under 35mm
TURNIPS & SWEDES
PLATE OF RASPBERRIES
PLATE OF BLACKBERRIES
EXOTIC VEGETABLE OR FRUIT
VASE OF CUT FLOWERS
BEST HOME MADE CAKE
LONGEST RUNNER BEAN
BEST CHUTNEY OR PICKLES
BEST JAM OR JELLY
BIGGEST SUNFLOWER HEAD
BEST ALLOTMENT Judged in advance
LARGEST PUMPKIN Judged in advance
BEST NEWCOMER ALLOTMENT Judged in advance
TALLEST SUNFLOWER Judged in advance
BEST IN SHOW horticultural exhibits only
DAHLIAS any type
UNDER 12 MINIATURE GARDEN
ODDEST SHAPED VEGETABLE OR FRUIT
CHRYSANTHEMUMS any type
1) Only tenants of Whitemoor Garden Holders Association are entitled to exhibit.
2) All produce entered into the competition must be the property of the exhibitor and must have been grown by the exhibitor for at least two months before the show, on the Whitemoor site.
3) Only one entry per class is permitted and where an allotment has a joint tenancy only one entry in each class is permitted per allotment.
4) Any entry not complying with the schedule i.e. number of specimens required will be disqualified.
5) The decisions of the judging shall be final on the relative merits of the exhibits.
6) After judging has taken place no exhibit may be removed until the end of the open day.
7) All exhibits shall be the at the risk of the exhibitor and the Association shall not be liable for any loss howsoever caused.
8) Tenants receiving a “Best Allotment” are encouraged to have their garden open to the public on Open Day.
9) First prize in a class will be awarded 3 points, second 2 points and commended 1point. Prizes will be awarded to the exhibitors receiving the 3 highest totaled scores and the overall winner will receive the Whitemoor Challenge Trophy to hold for one year.
If you have never taken part before please can I encourage you to do so!
The more people that bring contributions, the more fun it is.
The general running order is as follows;
10.00 – 12.00 bring produce to main car park to be entered.
12.30 – 4.00 have your lunch and feel free to visit other allotment holder’s gardens where the gates are open.
16.30 meet back at the marquees in the car park for the prize-giving.
Following this we will have a bring and share tea.